Ground beef is flavored with plum sauce and served over seasoned Napa cabbage in this Asian Beef and Cabbage Salad Recipe.
Photo and Recipe Updated June 2014
Another home run from Real Simple magazine! I have to admit, when I first started my subscription and looked through the recipes in that first copy, I wasn’t sure if I was going to like the recipes or not. They all seemed too – well, simple. But I think that is their advantage. Few ingredients that pack a punch of flavor. This Asian Beef and Cabbage Salad Recipe ends up being not too complicated and seemingly simple, but when you take that first bite, you realize that simple is usually better.
I don’t know if I’ve ever had ground beef on a salad before – unless it’s a taco salad. But this Asian-style salad was delicious! And I felt pretty healthy after eating it for dinner. The only change I would make would be to either double the veggies, or half the meat. It was a lot of meat, and while it was good, the veggies are what makes this dish.
Where do your favorite recipes come from?
**NOTE – this recipe was updated doubling the amount of cabbage and changing amounts on a few other ingredients.**
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup plum sauce
- 8 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 4 sliced scallions
- 2 large carrots (cut into thin strips)
- 1 cup cilantro
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Brown the ground beef. Once cooked through, stir in the plum sauce.
- Combine the cabbage, scallions, carrots and cilantro in a large bowl. Combine the vinegar and oil and toss with the cabbage mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the ground beef on top of the cabbage mixture.