Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies – Soft chocolate chips cookies with a hint of orange make these a favorite cookie!
You can’t have too many cookie recipes on hand, right??
These cookies have one of my favorite flavor combinations – orange and chocolate. The orange isn’t overpowering, but gives these cookies just enough to make you want a second cookie. I love using semi-sweet chocolate chips in these, but if you are more of a milk chocolate fan, I’m sure they would be delicious, too. I love the texture that the cream cheese gives to these cookies as well.
A winning cookie, in my book!
Looking for more free recipes?
Subscribe to my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more family-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: about 2 dozen cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Soft chocolate chips cookies with a hint of orange make these a favorite cookie!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add in the egg and beat until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and the orange zest.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and the salt, then mix the flour mixture into the creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. The dough will be sticky. Bake until just browned on the edges, 12-15 minutes.
adapted from Southern Living All-Time Favorite Cookie Recipes
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, orange chocolate chip cookies,
Leave a Comment...