Soft chocolate chips cookies with a hint of orange make these a favorite cookie!
Originally published January 28, 2010
You can’t have too many cookie recipes on hand, right??
These cookies have one of my favorite flavor combinations – orange and chocolate. The orange isn’t overpowering, but gives these cookies just enough to make you want a second cookie. I love using semi-sweet chocolate chips in these, but if you are more of a milk chocolate fan, I’m sure they would be delicious, too. I love the texture that the cream cheese gives to these cookies as well.
- ½ cup butter
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add in the egg and beat until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and the orange zest.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and the salt, then mix the flour mixture into the creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. The dough will be sticky. Bake until just browned on the edges, 12-15 minutes.