Comforting and humble, this One Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff is full of beefy flavor. And there is only one pot to clean up after dinner!
My husband and I have been married for almost 10 years now. But it surprises me how much I still learn about him, even after all of this time. He’ll tell stories about his childhood, or I’ll find out a dream or a fear that he has always had. I won’t be surprised if we are still learning things about each other after our 50th anniversary.
A few years ago, I learned that one of my husband’s favorite foods is beef stroganoff. So I got really excited when I went to make him a beef stroganoff recipe, only to find out that while the recipe I used had cubed chunks of beef, he had only ever had stroganoff with ground beef. Years later, I can still remember his face when he saw that beef stroganoff that I had made, and was confused as to why I had used chunks of beef instead of ground beef!!
I had promised myself that I would make him a version that he would love, not that he didn’t like the first – just that it wasn’t what he expected. And like most recipe ideas I have, it took me way too long to get around to it.
That stroganoff came to mind a few weeks ago and I knew that I needed to finally make that ground beef stroganoff for my husband. And since I’ve been on such a one-pan/pot kick lately, I knew that this would be the perfect dish to turn into a one pot meal.
And yes – this ground beef stroganoff is the perfect one pot meal. I love that there are less dishes to do, and I love how much flavor gets infused with the pasta when you cook it in broth and onion and even the ground beef drippings. The final dish is super flavorful and comforting – just like beef stroganoff should be.
And yes – my husband adored this. In fact, it was the first time in quite awhile where he had asked for leftovers the next day!!
**Note: If you are at sea level or close to it, you may not need as much liquid, so adjust accordingly. If you change the type of pasta, it may affect how much liquid you need as well.**
SEE HOW EASY IT IS HERE!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 8 oz dry rotini
- ½ cup sour cream
- fresh parsley, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat in a pot or large skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from the pot into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the same pot. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until translucent, 4-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Add the ground beef and continue to cook, breaking up the beef with a spoon as it cooks, until it is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the paprika over the top and stir to combine.
- Pour in the beef broth and the pasta. Bring to a light boil then cover the pot. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente, 17-20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the mushrooms and sour cream.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley.
More One Pot Meals You Don’t Want To Miss: