A simple pasta recipe using bacon and brie cheese. Easy enough to make for one!
I usually use the nights that my husband works swing shifts to eat leftovers or something light I can find around the house. I have a hard time cooking for just one – I like to take the time to get other things done around the house that have been neglected. But Friday was a different story. All day at work, I just kept thinking about how much I was just in the mood to go home and cook. I looked through my bookmarked recipes, and decided to make the Bacon and Brie Fettuccine from Cooking with Amy along with Brilynn’s Basketball Team Cookies from her blog at Jumbo Empanadas. Both were a huge success!!
I stopped at the grocery store on my way home to pick up a few ingredients, and they happened to be sampling some herb and garlic brie. I thought it would be wonderful in this recipe, so I picked some of it up. I was right. The brie was wonderful – I kept sneaking tastes before it even made it into the pasta. I have to say, I just might have a new favorite meal. Not only was this super easy, but absolutely delicious. I cleaned my plate. It would be fun to play with this recipe with different flavored cheeses – but this recipe will go in my book of make again dishes.
UPDATE – find the cookie recipe here!
- ½ lb fettuccine
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 strips of bacon, chopped
- 2 oz garlic herb brie, rind removed
- reserved pasta water
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve a mug full of the pasta water and drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon and onion until the bacon is crisp and the onion is tender. Add the cooked pasta to the bacon & onion. Add in the brie and stir to melt and combine. Add in enough of the pasta water to form a smooth sauce. Season generously with black pepper and serve with Parmesan cheese.
- slightly adapted from Cooking with Amy