The perfect combination of sweet and savory, this ham is glazed with a mixture of cherries, brown sugar, mustard and cinnamon.
I have an amazing family, and when it comes to holidays, it’s usually about as low stress as can be for me. There is no way my entire family would comfortably fit in my house, so I’m off the hook for ever hosting any holiday celebrations. So usually, we just get invited and get to bring a side dish or dessert for the meal.
Which makes things pretty easy. Not to mention that I come from a family of great cooks, so the meal is always amazing, even when/if I decide to try a new recipe last minute that doesn’t quite work out as planned. (I really should know to stick with tried and true recipes when I’m serving to a crowd!!)
So I’ve never had to make a ham (or a turkey) for the actual holiday meal. But as a food blogger, I luckily get to play around with holiday ingredients and recipes before the actual holiday. Which means we got to eat a full Easter meal before Easter even came.
The whole meal was great, but there was definitely a stand out. This ham.
Oh. My. Goodness.
Of course the glaze was delicious. But I’m giving the majority of the credit straight to the actual ham. Jones Dairy Farm sent me one of their beautiful Hickory Smoked Hams, and I don’t think I’ve ever had a more delicious ham. It was perfectly smoked, perfectly moist, perfectly flavorful. Honestly. So good.
And if you are intimidated by a big ham, don’t be. You can watch this video from Jones Dairy Farm that shows you how to cut a ham. I’ll admit that I watched a few times because this was my first time slicing a whole ham myself.
I love a good glazed ham, but what I hate is that you don’t always get the flavor of the glaze on the entire ham. So make sure you save some of this glaze to serve at the table, because the flavors compliment the ham so well. And you could even make extra glaze and use it on sandwiches after the Easter meal is over!!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 1 Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Ham
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1½ cups cherry jam or preserves
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Remove the ham from the bag and place on a rack in a roasting pan, fat side up.
- Heat ham to an internal temperature of 140F, about 13-15 minutes per pound.
- About 1 hour before the ham is done cooking, score the ham in a diamond pattern. Combine the jam, brown sugar, mustard and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Brush ⅓ of the glaze over the ham. Let cook for 30 minutes, then brush another ⅓ of the glaze over the ham. Reserve the remaining ⅓ of the glaze for serving. Continue to cook until done.
- Serve the ham hot or cold.
Other Ham Recipes:
**Thank you to Jones Dairy Farm for sponsoring this post. Because of sponsors like Jones Dairy Farm, I am able to bring you all of the recipes I feature here.**