Waffles are infused with bacon pieces and maple syrup for a twist on a breakfast favorite.
Ok, so by this point, we should all know that I’m a sucker for breakfast, right? And that I rarely actually eat it for breakfast, but instead, often eat it for dinner.
Don’t get me wrong – I’d love to actually be able to eat breakfast for breakfast. But until the kids get a little older, I’ve gotten used to only doing the whole “grab and eat” thing.
But I have been going extra crazy for breakfast for dinner lately. It’s always so easy, and I can never complain when breakfast is involved.
And guess what? These pancakes make the perfect breakfast for dinner meal. You’ve got your salty and your sweet, all rolled into one. And for me, that is never a bad combination.
What is your favorite breakfast for dinner?
- ¾ pound bacon
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1¾ cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces. Cook over medium heat until crisp; remove to a paper towel covered plate.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Pour in the eggs, milk, oil, maple syrup and extract and mix just until combined. Fold in the reserved bacon.
- Oil the waffle maker, then cook the waffles according to the manufacture's instructions. Serve with additional maple syrup, if desired.
More favorite waffles:
Around the Web:
Blueberry Yogurt Waffles from Two Peas and Their Pod
Girl Scouts Samoas Waffles with Coconut Caramel Sauce from Domestic Fits
Cinnamon Roll Waffles from Crumbs and Chaos