This version of baked spaghetti is sure to tempt your taste buds. Filled with ground beef, spaghetti and a creamy blue cheese sauce, it’s definitely not your normal baked spaghetti!
I’m not a scrooge. I promise. In fact, I think that Thanksgiving is probably my most favorite holiday. But for some reason, I just didn’t go crazy with the Thanksgiving recipes this year. And really, even though Thanksgiving dinner is probably the most important dinner of the year, there are still 364 other nights that we need dinner. And what we need when times are crazy and all we are thinking about is turkey and mashed potatoes, are easy dinner ideas. So I’m totally helping you out here!!
This is one of those unexpected winners. I’m normally a total planner, and I have to have my menu plan or everything falls apart. Well, I found myself without a plan one night. As I was searching through the pantry, trying to see what I could come up with for dinner without running to the grocery store, the side of a box of pasta caught my eye. Baked spaghetti. With beef and blue cheese.
Yep – you could say I was intrigued. And as luck would have it, I actually had everything on hand, including the blue cheese. Because I love cheese. And I’m a cheese hoarder.
We devoured this. I was afraid that the blue cheese wouldn’t be a hit with the kids, but the fact that it was baked spaghetti distracted them enough, I think. 🙂 I actually didn’t even have plans to photograph this and blog it, but I had to rush and take pics just as the sun was leaving because I loved it so much.
We don’t have baked spaghetti very often, but since making this version, I’ve become a bit obsessed. This definitely won’t be the last baked spaghetti recipe that we have!!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups low sodium chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up as it cooks. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the beef to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in the same skillet. Add the onion and cook until it starts to soften, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the garlic powder. Add the flour and cook for another 2 minutes. Slowly stir in the broth, and bring to a boil. Add the cream and the blue cheese, return to a boil, then let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the blue cheese sauce, cooked beef and cooked spaghetti noodles. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake until it is hot and bubbly, 15-20 minutes. Garnish with the chives and serve hot.
More Weeknight Spaghetti Favs: