Tired of turkey sandwiches from that leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Turn it into breakfast instead with this Mexican Turkey Breakfast Pizza!
This post has been created in partnership with Old El Paso.
I like turkey on Thanksgiving, but I have to say, I like the turkey leftovers even better. In fact, my Thanksgiving plate is usually loaded up with sides, and a little tiny bit of turkey that is often hidden under a pile of mashed potatoes or festive green beans.
This year, I’m looking forward to something different, too. Turkey for breakfast.
When my friends at Old El Paso approached me about making a Thanksgiving leftover recipe, I immediatly jumped at the chance to try a Mexican-inspired breakfast pizza. Complete with eggs, salsa, turkey, green chiles, taco seasoned hash browns and more.
This baby is loaded.
I know that we are all usually saying that we never want to eat again late on Thanksgiving night, but believe me, you’ll want to eat again if you are eating this in the morning!!
It’s super easy to make, too. You’ll start with 1 pound of pizza dough. I make mine from scratch, but any that you love will do here. Roll it out. Then top it. First with salsa, then scrambled eggs, leftover turkey and Old El Paso Diced Green Chiles. Toss the frozen hash browns with the taco seasoning (no need to thaw the hash browns), and then sprinkle them over the top. Sprinkle the top of the pizza with cheese (not pictured – I somehow missed that!!) and then bake it until the dough is browned and cheese is bubbly.
You can serve this up for breakfast, or serve it for dinner the day after Thanksgiving. You’ll be glad you saved some of your leftovers for this!
And if you want more leftover ideas, check out these ideas from Old El Paso!
- 1 lb pizza dough
- ½ cup salsa
- 5 eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup shredded or cubed cooked turkey
- 1 (4 oz) can Old El Paso green chiles
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 teaspoon Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 cup pepperjack cheese
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a surface that is lightly floured or lightly covered in cornmeal. Spread the salsa over the pizza dough. Top with the scrambled eggs, followed by the turkey and green chiles.
- Place the hash browns in a bowl and toss with the taco seasoning. Top the pizza with the hash browns. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of the pizza, then transfer to the oven and cook until the dough is golden brown and the cheese has melted, 10 to 12 minutes or according to the pizza dough directions. Top the pizza with chopped cilantro before serving.
More leftover turkey ideas:
Around the Web:
Leftover Turkey Fritatta from Diethood
Easy Leftover Turkey Pita Sandwiches with Fresh Cranberry Salsa from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Leftover Turkey Creamy Enchiladas from Kitchen Concoctions
**Thank you to Old El Paso for sponsoring this post. Because of sponsors like Old El Paso, I am able to bring you all of the recipes I feature here.**