A light citrus flavor brightens this silky cream sauce in this Lemon Cream Sauce Pasta with Asparagus and Peas.
We have been meat lovers forever. Especially my husband. But quite a few years ago, I started adding in a meat-free meal every now and again. At first, it wasn’t very often, or very regular, but then it started to happen about once a week. My husband mostly doesn’t complain, and has even really loved some of the meatless meals to grace our table.
But lately, something has come over me, and I feel like I am making meatless meals left and right without really realizing it. I don’t know if it’s because the meatless meals are the ones that have sounded the best lately, or maybe I’m subconsciously doing it to save some money since we just had to pay the tax man. 😉 But regardless, I think I’m totally ok with this meatless thing more often. (But don’t worry – I definitely love me a good steak dinner!!)
I was down on the floor with my kids the other day and pulled this cookbook off the shelves. I was immediately drawn to this recipe – it just screamed spring to me. And since I think we are officially past the snow (knock on wood), I’m all for the super springy recipes.
But really, this recipe is full of things that I love, so I knew it was going to be a winner. Pasta, lemon and asparagus – can you really go wrong? The lemon cream sauce is pretty light, despite the fact that it is made with heavy cream, so this is a meal that didn’t leave me feeling heavy. And it doesn’t hurt that you can have this on the table in 30 minutes!!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 8 oz uncooked short cut pasta
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes
- additional freshly ground pepper (optional)
- lemon slices (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, adding the asparagus to the boiling water for the last minute of cooking time. Place the peas in the bottom of your colander, and drain the pasta and asparagus over the peas. Return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds, until fragrant. Combine the vegetable broth and cornstarch and slowly whisk into the butter and garlic. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the cream mixture into the pan with the cooked pasta, asparagus and peas and toss to coat. Stir vigorously until the pasta is coated with the sauce. Taste for seasoning, and add more salt, if needed.
- Serve topped with additional cracked black pepper and lemon slices, if desired.
More Fabulous Meatless Pasta Dinners:
Around the Web:
15 Minute Cheesy Mac and Toe from Sweet Treats and More
Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagna from Diethood
Spaghetti with Mascarpone Alfredo Sauce and Sugar Snap Peas from Kitchen Confidante
Make sure you are following my meat-free mains board on Pinterest for more dinner ideas!
**This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item from Amazon from the link Taste and Tell receives a small commission. Thank you for supporting Taste and Tell through your purchases!**