Perfect for Christmastime and beyond, these soft cookies are packed with chocolate, cherries, and crunchy pistachios.
Welcome to Taste and Tell Thursdays! Come link up your COOKIE posts below for a chance to win a collection of 9 cookbooks!!
My mom asked me the other day what cookies I would make if I was going to a cookie swap. And for some reason, my mind completely froze. I’ve made lots of cookies over the years. But all of a sudden, I couldn’t even think of one cookie that would be perfect for a cookie swap.
Well, after making these cookies, both my mom and I decided that these cookies would be perfect for a cookie swap. I think the cherries make them festive for Christmas. And everyone likes a bit of chocolate, right?? I chose pistachios to add to these, but I think almost any nut would work equally well. (And just for the record, since that conversations, I remembered quite a few cookies that would be great for a cookie swap!)
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped marachino cherries
- ¾ cup roughly chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars. Add in the egg and beat to combine. Beat in the milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add to the mixer and mix to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips, cherries and pistachios.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- adapted from Taste of Home
It’s time to link up your COOKIE recipes! But before we get to that, here are a few cookie creations from last week that are on my “to-make” list!
Chocolate Chip and Chunk Cookies from Averie Cooks
Dulce de Leche Duos from Project Domestication
Pink Peppermint Christmas Chip Cookies from Tumbleweed Contessa
Sweet Potato-Cinnamon Chip Toffee Cookies from Simply Southern Baking
Do you love cookbooks? How about 9 new cookbooks? You can link up your cookie recipes every Thursday for a chance to win 9 great cookbooks:
The Picky Palate Cookbook – a digital copy of Cookie Cravings – 365 Days of Slow Cooking – 200 Appetizers –The Essential James Beard Cookbook – America’s Favorite Food – Famous Chefs & Fabulous Recipes – The Book Club Cook Book – The Unofficial Mad Men Cookbook
Now it’s your turn!! Link up your cookie recipes for a chance to win a collection of 9 cookbooks! Every link up gets you an entry to win. Don’t have a blog? Leave your recipe in the comments below to enter.
The rules are simple:
1 – your link up must be within the theme – COOKIE
2 – please add a link in your post back to this post
3 – no linking up to giveaways or advertisements
4 – you can link up to 2 links per week, and links cannot be duplicated through the month
Don’t forget to click over on some of the other links so that we can all enjoy each other’s cookie creations!!