An easy chicken dinner that is made in one pot, with a cheesy sour cream sauce.
This last weekend, my husband and I took our first completely kid free weekend away since we started having kids. I had an event in New York at the Culinary Institute of America, so we decided to go out a day early and spend the day in New York City.
There will be more coming on that trip (watch my travel page!!) but oh, how I love that city. I am not a person that normally likes crowds and lots of people, but there is something magical about New York. We didn’t have nearly enough time there – one day is not even close to enough – but it was good to get another taste of the city.
Now that I’m home, I feel like I should feel renewed and full of energy, but like it is often when I go on vacation, I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation. Lots of laundry to do, and I’m sure the kids are going to be crazy today with mom and dad back home. I’m thinking simplicity is going to be the name of the game for the next few days!!
This easy chicken dinner would be perfect for nights like tonight – when you don’t want anything complicated or with tons of ingredients. And it never hurts when something is cheesy and creamy, right?? And since it’s so easy and fast, it gives me time to daydream about my next vacation!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 1 chicken breast (8-10 oz)
- 1 cube chicken bullion
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chiles
- 8 oz sour cream
- Prepared rice, for serving
- shredded basil, for serving (optional)
- Put the chicken in a pot and cover with 3 cups of water. Add the bullion, onion and garlic cloves. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Remove the chicken and shred or cube.
- Remove the onion and garlic from the chicken broth. Whisk in the flour until smooth and cook until thickened. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add in the reserved chicken and green chiles. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Serve over rice, topped with basil, if desired.
More Easy Chicken Dinners: