Completely decadent and rich, these Caramel Cookie Cheesecake Bars are sure to quench your cookie and cheesecake cravings.
*This post is sponsored by Hershey’s and Betty Crocker.*
I sometimes think that I am boring when it comes to dessert. If I get a craving, it’s most likely for a chocolate chip cookie, or a piece of chocolate cake, or some vanilla ice cream. Throw some caramel sauce on top of the ice cream and I’m going a little crazy.
Don’t get me wrong. I love dessert in every way, shape and form. But when a craving hits, it’s normally for something on the tame side.
But sometimes you need something a little more decadent. A little more over the top.
Enter Caramel Cookie Cheesecake Bars.
Chocolate chunk cookie bars infused with toffee, followed by a cheesecake layer, and then more cookie. Top it off with caramel, but you don’t end there. Nope – you still need more. How about some toffee pieces? Yep – if I’m going to go all out – this is how I want to go!
It all starts with some basic ingredients – a box of Betty Crocker Hershey’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix, butter, toffee pieces, cream cheese, sugar, an egg, vanilla, caramels and evaporated milk.
You’ll start with the cookie layer. Combine the cookie mix with the butter and some water. Then stir in some of the toffee pieces.
Press 2/3 of the dough into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish, and bake it for 10 minutes.
Once the cookie layer has cooled for a few minutes, top it with the cheesecake layer which is made of cream cheese, sugar, an egg and vanilla.
Break up the remaining dough and sprinkle it over the top of the cheesecake mixture. Bake until cooked through, then cool the bars completely.
When the bars are cool, make the caramel by melting the caramel candies with evaporated milk. Pour the mixture over the bars.
Sprinkle the remaining toffee bits over the caramel, then refrigerate until the caramel has set up. Or get impatient like me and cut into them while the caramel is still a bit runny. Either way, these still taste amazing, and are the perfect treat if you are looking to splurge!
And then check out the other great new products from the Hershey’s line by Betty Crocker. You’ll have dessert covered!
- 1 box (12.5 oz) Betty Crocker Hershey’s Chocolate Chunk cookie mix
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup toffee pieces, divided
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 5.5 oz caramels
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cookie mix, butter and water. Stir together until a soft dough forms. Add in ¼ cup of the toffee pieces and stir to combine.
- Press about ⅔ of the cookie dough into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese and the sugar. Add in the egg, and beat until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the cookie crust. Take the remaining cookie dough and break into small pieces and drop over the top of the cheesecake layer. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn off the oven and allow the bars to remain in the oven for 10 more minutes. Remove and let cool in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Once the bars are cool, make the caramel topping. Place the caramels in a microwave safe bowl with the evaporated milk. Heat in 30 second intervals at 50%, stirring after each interval, until the caramels are melted and combined with the milk. Pour over the cooled bars. Sprinkle the remaining toffee pieces over the top. Refrigerate until the caramel starts to set up before cutting and serving.
More Decadent Bars:
This post is sponsored by Hershey’s and Betty Crocker, but all opinions are my own.