Bring the flavors of fall to your chili by adding in pumpkin and a hint of cinnamon and spices. Cooked in the slow cooker all day, this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili Recipe is the perfect dinner for a busy night!
I’ll keep this short, since I don’t even know if anyone is out there reading blog posts today – especially when there are Halloween parties to attend, and candy to eat, and kids to get into costumes. Years ago, I had a co-worker who hosted a Halloween party for her family every year, and the tradition was to have chili at that party every year. And ever since then, I realized what a great idea this was. Halloween is such a busy night – you don’t really have time to be thinking about dinner. And if you have both young kids and older kids, chances are that you aren’t even all sitting down to eat dinner together at the same time tonight. So what better idea than to throw together something warm, delicious and comforting that will be ready whenever different family members are ready to eat?
This pumpkin chili recipe is even more perfect for this time of year by adding in pumpkin puree. And a little bit of cinnamon makes it even more special. It’s hearty and filling, and will keep all of your little ghosts and goblins warm. Serve it up with a slice of your favorite corn bread, and dinner is ready with very little effort – because we all know that there is way too much going on today to worry about what’s going to be for dinner!!
Looking for more free recipes?
Bring the flavors of fall to your chili by adding in pumpkin and a hint of cinnamon and spices. Cooked in the slow cooker all day, this is the perfect dinner for a busy night!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15.25-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- few drops hot sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saute pan, brown the ground beef. Add the onions and bell pepper and cook until the onions are translucent.
- In a medium slow cooker, combine the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, pumpkin, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and hot sauce. Stir to combine. Add in the cooked beef and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Serve with your favorite chili toppings, such as cheese, sour cream, or tortilla strips.