The perfect sweet treat to end a great holiday meal, this Mini Chocolate Pecan Pie in a Jar recipe is also great for a take home gift for your guests.
If you were to see Thanksgiving with my family, you would probably laugh. If everyone shows up, there are usually 14ish adults, and a whole slew of kids. But I kid you not – there have been times when we have had enough pies for everyone to have their own.
To say my family likes pie is an understatement.
In fact, my dad usually requests a pie for his birthday instead of cake. Now that’s pie devotion. And really, as much as I like cake, I may start following his tradition, because pie does trump cake.
So weeks before Thanksgiving, I start brainstorming – what kind of pie am I going to make this year?
Let’s face the facts, though. As much as I love pie, after eating a full Thanksgiving dinner, there is no way to sample every one of those pies that are on the dessert table, no matter how much I want to. So while thinking of possibilities, I decided that maybe this year, it would be smart to bring a pie that is easy for the guests to take home with them. That way, they won’t feel overwhelmed with trying to try every pie there.
Enter this Mini Chocolate Pecan Pie in a Jar Recipe.
Not only are these little pies super cute, but they are so easy and the perfect serving size for one. They are the perfect way to “bake a little extra”, because I know that baking for others is a great way to show them that you care for them. And this Mini Chocolate Pecan Pie in a Jar Recipe gives you (and your guests) the perfect excuse to have pie for breakfast the next morning. 🙂 Now that’s showing love!
These pecan pies are made with Karo Syrup® that gives them that sweetness and ooey gooey factor that is a must in any pecan pie. And happy day – Karo Syrup® doesn’t have any high fructose corn syrup. That’s a big deal for me, as I have been trying to eliminate hfcs from my house.
Since I couldn’t leave the recipe alone, I decided to add in some mini chocolate chips. The chocolate helps to balance out the sweetness a bit, and really – who will turn down chocolate? I can’t resist the tiny jars, either. They are pretty easy to find at any large retailer, but if you can’t find them, you can find them online as well.
This Mini Chocolate Pecan Pie in a Jar recipe is the perfect addition to your holiday table. You can bake a little extra and your guests will be thrilled to have something to take home with them, and I would love the reduced pressure of not having to try everything at the dessert table!! I’m pretty sure our traditional pecan pie needs to be replaced by this Mini Chocolate Pecan Pie in a Jar Recipe from here on out!
- 1 cup (4 oz) pecan halves
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup light Karo® Syrup
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1½ tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾ teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Whipped cream
- crumbled graham crackers, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray the interior of 8 (4 oz) glass canning jars with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the pecans evenly between the 8 jars. Top with 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips in each jar.
- In a bowl, or in a large liquid measuring cup, mix the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla. Pour about ¼ cup of the mixture over the pecans and chocolate in each jar. Place the jars on a baking sheet.
- Bake the pies in the center of the oven for 30 to 35 minutes. The pies are done when the centers reach 200ºF.
- Cool for 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, top each pie with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of crushed graham cracker.
I am a Bake a Little Extra Blog Ambassador and this post is sponsored by Karo Syrup®. I’m so glad to be able to work with companies and organizations that I truly believe in. Thank you for supporting them, too.