I was on a roll there for awhile with chopped salads, but can you believe it’s been 3 months since I posted the last one?? That definitely needed to change – so today I’m bringing you another this Italian Chopped Salad!!
This salad is so packed full of flavor. Last month for our monthly family dinner, we had a salad pot luck. We all brought different salads – it was fun to have such a variety!! My contribution was this Italian Chopped Salad. There is so much going on in this salad. It was one of those times that I started adding ingredients and just couldn’t stop. Chickpeas, artichoke hearts, pepperoni, salami – the list goes on and on. I usually like things that are pretty simplistic, but believe me – these ingredients all work so well together.
I also love how hearty and filling this salad is. It is a perfect main dish salad. Or if you are serving an Italian themed dinner, it works as a side salad as well. But for me? Just give me a big fork and I’ll dig right in!!
Looking for more free recipes?
Flavorful and hearty, this Italian Chopped Salad has all of the great flavors of Italy in one huge salad!
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 3 cups chopped romaine hearts
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained
- 1 jar (7.5 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup cubed salami
- 1 cup cubed Provolone
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Pepperoncini peppers
- To make the dressing, combine the vinegar, honey, mustard, seasoning and garlic in a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Blend to combine. Slowly stream in the olive oil to emulsify. Alternately, add all the ingredients to a jar and shake until completely combined slightly thickened.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, chickpeas, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, salami, provolone, cucumber, pepperoni and green onions. Add in the cooled pasta. Add in the dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve the salad topped with a few whole pepperoncini peppers.
Chopped Taco Salad from Simply Scratch
BBQ Chopped Chicken, Bacon and Apple Salad from Sweet Treats and More
Peperoncini Chopped Salad from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!