Perfect for a cold night, this Easy Chicken Tortellini Soup is filled with chicken, beans and tortellini, and is done in no time!
You guys, it is cold here. Bitterly cold. I know many of you feel my pain. I watch on Instagram, and people are either freezing their fannies off, or they are enjoying unseasonably warm days. I have had some serious envy for those of you who are out on boats, in swimming pools, or even just hanging out in the backyard. I’m jealous of those of you who don’t have to wear a jacket all day – inside! – because you just can’t get warm.
My fridge is out in the garage, and I have to keep turning the temperature up because everything is freezing. I went out the other day, and the majority of my vegetables were frozen and ruined. That, my friends, is cold.
So naturally, what do you do when the warmest it has been in 2 weeks has been 20F? You make soup, of course!! If you have leftover cooked chicken, I’m betting you can have this Easy Chicken Tortellini Soup on the table in 20 minutes. And really, it would even be good without the chicken. But it’s filling. And it’s warm. That’s all you can ask for when it’s so cold outside!!
Want more soup recipes to warm you up?
Minestrone Recipe with Gnocchi
Homemade Bean and Bacon Soup
Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from Fake Ginger
Asiago Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup from Closet Cooking
Chicken Avocado Lime Soup from Cooking Classy
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
Looking for more free recipes?
Perfect for a cold night, this Easy Chicken Tortellini Soup is filled with chicken, bean and tortellini, and is done in no time!
- 4–6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (19-oz) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Bring 4 cups of chicken broth to a boil in a large pan. Add in the tortellini and cook until tender. Add in the beans, undrained tomatoes, basil and chicken. Simmer until everything is heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more chicken broth if needed.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts.
- Calories: 455
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 680 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 58 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!