The countdown is on. Only 9 working days left until I am back home with my daughter!! It’s both scary and exciting at the same time. But I am really looking forward to having a normal schedule and being able to spend some time at home. I have to admit – I haven’t even really been cooking much lately. By the time I get home from work and picking up my daughter, I’m usually so pooped that we scrounge together whatever we can for dinner. But when I do cook, it’s simple meals like this that have saved the day!
This is a really basic meal, but my husband loved it. But then again, this is his kind of meal – a simple protein and some veggies on the side. I am finding that Bisquick is a very versatile ingredient. Who would have thought that you could use it to bread pork chops!?! But it worked, and the pork chops were nice and crispy and delicious.
Looking for more free recipes?
- 1/4 cup Original Bisquick
- 7 saltine cracker squares, crushed (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 pork chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- Mix Bisquick, cracker crumbs, seasoned salt and pepper on a plate or in a shallow bowl. Mix egg and water in another bowl.
- Dip pork chops into the egg mixture, then coat with the Bisquick mixture.
- Spray a 12-inch nonstick skilled with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook pork in the skillet 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until slightly pink in the center.
Slightly adapted from Betty Crocker’s Quick and Easy Cookbook