This potato chip chicken has chicken breasts that are coated in crushed potato chips and then cooked until golden brown and crunchy.
I’ve mentioned before that I have a hard time coming up with side dishes to go along with our dinners. Sometimes we just won’t have a side dish, and sometimes I just use frozen veggies. But I’ve been trying to be better lately. One thing I’ve been doing that has been fun is planning a whole meal from one cookbook. Now, sometimes this is a pain because I have to flip back and forth through my cookbook so much during that preparation, but I find that it’s a good way to get some good use out of the cookbook you are using.
I had no trouble finding recipes I wanted to make from this cookbook. I know I used it a few times when I first started my blog, but I think it’s been quite some time since I opened this book, so it was fun to flip through the pages and choose out something to make for dinner. And this Potato Chip Chicken came together super fast and was very tasty!
The chicken is coated in a potato chip crust. Very simple, and I had never tried this before. The only thing I was disappointed about was that the sour cream and onion flavor didn’t really come through. You could taste the potato chip flavor, but just not the flavor that was on the potato chips. To save a few calories, I’m sure you could use baked potato chips as well.
The side dishes were super easy and delicious. I especially loved the biscuit sticks – but then again, I’m a bread lover! – and we have been eating asparagus like crazy lately. This is a great way to change it up. Overall, I would totally recommend this meal!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, 8-12 ounces each
- 4 cups sour cream and onion flavored potato chips, crushed (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Butterfly the chicken breasts open to make 4 thinner portions.
- Mix the potato chip crumbs with the parsley in a shallow bowl. Lightly whisk the egg in another shallow bowl, then whisk in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large skillet over medium-low heat. Dip each chicken piece into the egg mixture, then dip into the potato chip mixture, pressing the crumbs into the chicken if needed to form a crust. Add to the hot oil and cook for 6-10 minutes, turning once, until deep golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
adapted from Betty Crocker's Quick and Easy Cookbook
SHOP THIS POST!
More Family Friendly Chicken Recipes:
Around the Web:
Skillet Rosemary Lemon Chicken from Life Made Sweeter
Crispy Cashew Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders with Mango Honey Dip from Carlsbad Cravings
Easy Baked Pesto Chicken from The Food Charlatan
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!