Lemon poppy seed bread and zucchini bread are combined in this easy to make Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread.
I think I’m not in the norm this year. I don’t have a zucchini plant that is overflowing. I don’t have neighbors that are leaving bags of zucchini on my doorstep. But still, I keep finding myself drawn to the zucchini.
I know that a lot of people are already moving onto pumpkin and apple, but you’ll have to bear with me for a few more weeks of the end of summer bounty- the zucchini, peaches, corn. There will be pumpkin, but I am savoring the end of summer for as long as possible.
So how about zucchini for breakfast? Or for dessert? Either way, you’ll be a happy camper with a slice of this bread. It combines two of my favorites – lemon poppy seed bread and zucchini bread. And the glaze? Totally a must for lemon lovers.
As with a lot of quick breads, I think this is best on the second day. Don’t get me wrong – it’s great the day you make it, but the next day when the flavors have had a chance to meld and mingle – it’s oh, so good. I sent one loaf of this to work with my husband because I was afraid I would devour both loaves myself if they were both home.
How about you? Are you still loving the zucchini season?
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 4 cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, lemon juice, lemon extract and lemon zest. Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in the zucchini and the poppy seeds.
- Pour the batter evenly into the greased loaf pans. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pans to cool completely.
- When cool, make the glaze: In a bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Pour evenly over the two loaves. Let the glaze set up, about 10 minutes.
More Sweet Zucchini Recipes