Only 4 ingredients makes this Easy Creamy Baked Asparagus a breeze!
Living in Utah, you can’t really tell it’s spring by looking outside. One way I always know it’s spring though, is when the shelves at the grocery store are stuffed with asparagus! I really think that asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables, and I could easily eat a whole bundle of it myself. I love it roasted, and I love it cooked with a little bit of olive oil and garlic. But I always want to try different ways of preparing it whenever I come across recipes. When I saw this recipe, I jumped right in to give it a try!
The first thing I thought when I tried this is that it would be a great way to serve asparagus to vegetable wary kids. What kid doesn’t love ranch dressing? I say you put ranch dressing on any vegetable, and a kid is going to at least try it. But this will please more than just the younger palates. In fact, this would be a great side dish for your Easter table. The hands on time is very minimal, leaving you plenty of time to mess with the things that require more attention. But if you love asparagus as much as I do, you just may want to make extra!!
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup coarsely crushed Ritz crackers (about 12 crackers)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cook the asparagus in a large skillet of simmering water for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bright green but still crisp. Drain.
- Toss the asparagus with the dressing in a 1½ to 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and cracker crumbs.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is slightly browned and the mixture is heated through.