You can make your own fancy soda at home!! This Blackberry Lime Soda is sweet and sour and tart and refreshing – perfect for an afternoon treat!
But sometimes, nothing says summer more than a fruity drink. Especially while you’re sitting on the porch, drinking that fruity drink, watching the kids ride bikes or run through the sprinklers. Ahhhh, summer…..
A couple of months ago, there was little booklet in my Food Network Magazine, filled with drinks you can make yourself at home. And even though I don’t drink fruity drinks all that often, I stopped dead in my tracks. And realized how much fun it would be to whip up my own fruity soda.
This Blackberry Lime Soda caught my attention right off and I knew I wanted it. It was super easy to make, and was extremely delicious and refreshing. I can totally see myself finishing off the summer with more of these!
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 pint (about 2 cups) fresh blackberries
- 1 lime
- seltzer water or club soda
- Combine the water, sugar and blackberries in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the blackberries have broken down and the mixture is syrupy, 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture, pressing on the solids to release all of the liquids. Stir the juice of 1 lime into the liquid. Refrigerate until cold and ready to use.
- For each drink, combine 2-4 tablespoons of the syrup with 1 cup cold seltzer water or club soda. Mix, and then add ice. Serve.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!