Spicy Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Chicken – A little bit spicy and full of flavor, this peanut chicken doesn’t get much easier!
I like to think that I’m normally a pretty giving person. Even as a child, I always had that “peacekeeper” mentality.
So when it comes to food, I’m normally a team player. If everyone is not going to like it – or I guess I should say if my husband and I aren’t both going to like it – I usually don’t make it.
But every once in awhile, I just want to be selfish.
Josh is mostly a pretty easy guy to feed. But there are a few things that he doesn’t care for. One of those being anything spicy. Or any savory dish with peanut butter. But I love spicy. And I love peanut butter dishes.
So I decided to be selfish one night and make something that I knew no one else would touch.
And, well, I was totally ok with that, because this was so good that I nearly ate all of it myself over the course of a few days. In fact, I kind of felt bad for my family that they were missing out on this, because it was seriously one of the best things I have made recently.
And bonus? It only takes about 5 minutes to throw together. I’m thinking I may need to be selfish a little more often, now. 🙂
More Spicy Recipes:
Looking for more free recipes?
A little bit spicy and full of flavor, this peanut chicken doesn’t get much easier!
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- chopped peanuts, for serving
- chopped cilantro, for serving
- prepared rice, for serving
- Spray a 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the chicken. Add in the onion, tomatoes with green chiles, diced tomatoes, honey, cumin, red pepper and cinnamon.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and shred into large chunks. Return to the slow cooker and add the peanut butter. Stir to combine.
- Serve the chicken over rice, topped with chopped peanuts and chopped cilantro.
Keywords: peanut butter chicken