So, you ask, I deliver.
I had scheduled a different recipe to post today, but after all of the inquiries about this side dish that was in the photos on Monday’s chicken post, I thought I’d skip ahead and share this recipe with you.
There is a reason that all of you want this recipe. It’s just as good as it looks. Sure, it’s not an everyday indulgence, but man – when you do take that splurge, it’s totally worth it. I mean – you can’t go wrong with bacon and corn in a creamy sauce, right? I used frozen corn, but I know it would great with fresh corn. And since fresh corn is right around the corner, this will be a great recipe to have in your back pocket. I’m going to remember this one for family get togethers or summer parties. I’m sure I’ll be the favorite of the party for bringing this!!
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz sour cream
- 3½ cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces. Cook until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the chopped onion to the bacon drippings and cook until softened. Stir in the flour and the garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the sour cream into the mixture. Add in the corn, the parsley and half of the reserved bacon. Pour into a 1-quart baking dish and top with the remaining bacon. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives before serving.
More Favorite Corn Dishes: