Bacon wrapped hot dogs are served topped with lettuce, avocado, tomatoes and a ranch sauce.
If you have been following me since last year, you should remember a fun theme week I had last year. And we are back again this year.
Welcome to the 2nd annual Hot Dog Week!!
You all know I’m a sucker for a good hot dog. So I had to bring hot dog week back. It just wouldn’t be summer without it, right? This week, I have 5 brand new hot dog recipes coming at you that you definitely don’t want to miss.
Up first – a favorite classic sandwich turned hot dog! BLTs are a definite favorite around here – especially when they are turned BLATs! I mean, you can’t really go wrong when bacon is involved, and throwing the avocado on is really a no-brainer. Change it up from a sandwich to a hot dog topping? I don’t know why I didn’t think about it sooner!!
I have always wanted to try making bacon-wrapped hot dogs, and this gave me the perfect excuse. You can’t really see it under all of that topping goodness, but a bacon-wrapped hot dog starts the party. Then you simply top the dog with a quick ranch dressing, chopped lettuce, tomatoes and avocados. It really is that simple, and sooo good.
I’d say this is a pretty great way to start off hot dog week!
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons dry ranch seasoning
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced avocados
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and the ranch seasoning. Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Brush with oil.
- Take one slice of bacon and wrap it around a hot dog. Secure with toothpicks, if necessary. Repeat with the remaining bacon and hot dogs. Grill the hot dogs on the grill, turning a quarter turn every 1-2 minutes, until the bacon is cooked and crispy.
- Place a cooked hot dog in one of the buns. Drizzle with the ranch sauce, then top with the lettuce, tomatoes and avocado.
More hot dog favs: