Perfect for Mother’s Day breakfast or brunch, this Artichoke Spinach Quiche Pizza combines two of my favorites – quiche and pizza – and makes a delicious and unexpected dish.
Can you believe that Mother’s Day is right around the corner? I have only been a mom for 7 years now, but it is one of the things that brings me the most joy in life. And I’m grateful and honored that I get to call myself a mom.
Every year, for Mother’s Day, my mom invites everyone over for dinner, where she cooks the whole meal. I’ve always said that she needs to not be the one doing all the work, since she is the mom of all of us, but it’s one of the things she looks forward to every year – a way for her to have all of us, as moms, to get to have the day off.
This year, I’m wishing that I lived next door to her, so that I could make her a special Mother’s Day breakfast. And on the menu would be this Artichoke Spinach Quiche Pizza!
Quiche pizza, you ask? Intrigued? So was I! When I saw this recipe for a Vegetable Quiche Pizza on the Fleishmann’s® Yeast website, breadworld.com, I knew I had to try it. But instead of the vegetables in the recipe, I decided to change things up a bit and do one of my favorite flavor combinations – artichoke and spinach.
If you love pizza for breakfast, don’t let the idea of making your own crust overwhelm you. This recipe calls for Fleishmann’s® Pizza Crust Yeast, which meant no time waiting for pizza dough to rise. This is seriously so easy, and pretty darn fast, as well. And since the recipe combines quiche and pizza, I decided to break out the cast iron pan to bake the pizza in. It was just perfect!
And the end product? SO delicious. The artichoke and spinach flavors came out perfectly, and this was the perfect recipe for breakfast or brunch. In fact, I’d even happily eat this as a vegetarian dinner! I love how easy it was, and how fast it was because of the Fleishmann’s® Pizza Crust Yeast. Now I just need to convince my husband and kids to make this for me for Mother’s Day! It’s the kind of recipe you’ll want to double, so bake a little extra and share the love.
Perfect for breakfast or brunch, this Artichoke Spinach Quiche Pizza combines two of my favorites – quiche and pizza – and makes a delicious and unexpected dish.
- 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleishmann’s® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120º to 130ºF)
- 3 tablespoons oil (I used vegetable)
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Sweet Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2–3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- Place an oven rack at the lowest position. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Heat the 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the artichoke hearts and cook for 1 minute, until heated through. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, 1-2 more minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1 cup of the flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt. Add the warm water and oil and mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Continue to add flour just until the dough comes together. It should still be slightly sticky. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Roll the dough into a 14-inch circle and transfer to the skillet, pressing 1 inch up the sides of the skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, basil, salt, pepper, and cheese. Stir in the reserved artichokes and spinach. Pour the mixture into the skillet. Top with the green onions.
- Bake on the lowest rack until the eggs are set and the crust is browned, 20-25 minutes.
adapted from Breadworld.com
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!
I am a Bake a Little Extra Blog Ambassador and this Artichoke Spinach Quiche Pizza post is sponsored by Fleishmann’s® Yeast. I’m so glad to be able to work with companies and organizations that I truly believe in. Thank you for supporting them, too.