Get the flavors of Korean barbecue in this easy flank steak recipe that is marinated in a sweet soy sauce mixture before grilling for an easy weeknight dinner.
I have gotten to that point in the summer where when I’m planning my menu for the week, I’m only looking for recipes that take very little prep time and very little energy. I think it’s just the fact that it’s summer – not necessarily the heat – that is making me lazy. Well, maybe not lazy, but I’ve been wanting to get out and do things while we still have summer left instead of spending time at home in the kitchen.
My daughter starts school this year, and even though it’s just half-day kindergarten, I keep feeling like this is our last real chance this year to get out and do things. So I’m trying to take advantage of everything that we want to do.
Enter the easy marinated flank steak recipe. I have been a total flank steak lover lately. Not only is it a cheaper cut of steak, but I love that I can buy just one steak to feed the whole family. And it’s a versatile cut, as well.
If you love the flavors of Korean barbecue, you will definitely love this flank steak recipe. It only takes minutes to prepare the marinade, then you let it marinate and do it’s thing. And then no heating up the kitchen as you grill this baby. (Although you could use a grill pan if you don’t have an outdoor grill.)
If you haven’t noticed, I’ve been grilling like crazy lately, and I’m pretty proud of how well I’ve been doing. I was a bit nervous about grilling a whole steak, and although I wish I would have gotten a better crust on it, I think I did pretty well.
This Korean Barbecue Flank Steak Recipe was gobbled right up at our dinner table. There wasn’t a scrap left. I think that tells you how much we loved it!! A perfect grilling recipe for the summer!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1½ pounds flank steak
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a gallon-sized ziptop bag, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and ginger. Securely zip the top and shake gently to combine.
- Score both sides of the flank steak with a sharp knife in a diamond pattern. Add the steak to the bag. Seal the bag and turn to coat the steak. Marinate in the refrigerator, turning the bag occasionally, for 6 to 24 hours.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes before you are ready to start cooking to let the steak come to room temperature.
- Remove the steak from the bag and discard the marinade. Heat a grill over medium heat. Place the steak on the grill and grill, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes for medium-rare.
- To serve, slice the steak against the grain. Sprinkle the green onion over the top of the steak.
More Grilling Recipes: