Eggnog Cookie Bark – This festive holiday recipe for Eggnog Cookie Bark is great for holiday gift giving or holiday parties. It is a fun way to eat a cookie!
Every single holiday season it happens. I think I’m on top of things, and then all of a sudden, just hours before I need it, I am reminded that I need a dessert or a treat or a snack for a party or event. And I’m left scrambling, trying to figure out what I’m going to do.
Thank goodness for Betty to the rescue!! When it comes to taking shortcuts in the kitchen – and we all know that sometimes we need shortcuts (especially during the crazy holiday times), Betty Crocker is there to help with delicious shortcuts. Not only does she have plenty of products to help you with those last minute desserts, but she makes it easy to Get Your Betty On with tons of inspiration online!!
As much as I love to bake from scratch, I have to admit that I totally am kind of in love with the Eggnog Cookie mix from Betty Crocker. And when I saw the Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bark on BettyCrocker.com, I just knew that I had to make an eggnog version of it. What’s not to love? An eggnog cookie with a white chocolate topping, then a bit of freshly grated nutmeg on top to really bring it together. And while you could totally make this as regular cookies, it’s kind of fun to break it apart like a chocolate bark. It’s perfect for the cookie platter or for giving as an edible gift!
Now let me tell you – this Eggnog Cookie Bark is so easy that my kids could make it. In fact, they totally pretty much made this themselves. And then they couldn’t wait for the chocolate to set up so that they could dig into it! I was actually surprised how much they liked this – they couldn’t get enough!!
If you find yourself searching for an easy holiday dessert, let Betty Crocker help you out with all kinds of inspiration and ideas – especially for baking with your kids – at www.BettyCrocker.com/KidsCookieCorner. Let her inspire you to make your own creations, like this Eggnog Cookie Bark.
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
Eggnog Cookie Bark
This festive holiday recipe for Eggnog Cookie Bark is great for holiday gift giving or holiday parties. It is a fun way to eat a cookie! Total time does not include resting/cooling time.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 20 servngs
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ eggnog cookie mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 bag (12 oz) white baking chips – aka white chocolate chips
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Heat the oven to 375ºF. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a bowl, mix together the cookie mix, butter and egg until a soft dough forms. Press the dough into an even 12×12-inch square.
- Bake until the cookie is set and golden brown, 12-14 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Place the baking chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 60 seconds, stirring halfway through. Cook until you are able to stir the chips smooth. Pour the melted chips over the cooled cookie, and immediately spread over the whole top of the cookie. Immediately grate some fresh nutmeg over the top. Allow to sit until set.
- Gently break the cookie into cookie bark.
adapted from Betty Crocker
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker . The opinions and text are all mine.