If I were to ever write a cookbook (which I am really never planning on doing), I would do a muffin cookbook. I love muffins. I don’t know what it is about them, but they excite me. Yeah, I’m kind of weird like that. Maybe it’s the fact that you are almost eating a cupcake for breakfast. Or maybe it’s because they are so easy to throw together. And the fact that there are about a million different recipes out there for muffins, that’s always a plus, too! I definitely have my go-to recipes, but I love to try out new recipes. And if it were up to me, I’d try out a different muffin recipe every Sunday morning!
So I was super excited when I had the chance to make some muffins for a little breakfast get-together. I made the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Muffins that I already posted about along with these Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins. And wow – I chose 2 pretty awesome recipes to try out!!
These muffins are yet another Pinterest discovery. And they come from a fabulous blog that I spotlighted just a week ago – The Curvy Carrot. I couldn’t stop thinking about these muffins after I first saw them, and knew they would grace my table sooner than later. I would have jumped up and made them right away, but I don’t think I had any sour cream on hand when I first saw the recipe!
I’ll be honest – these really are more like a cupcake to me than a muffin – but it didn’t mean I loved them any less! These are SO good. They were everything that I was hoping for. Super moist, full of buttery, chocolate-y goodness. These probably aren’t an every day muffin, but if you are feeling like a little cheat, these are definitely the way to go! Luckily I was able to give most of them away at the breakfast I went to, otherwise I think I would have eaten them all myself. (Yes, I do have a bit of a self-control problem…)
This is a recipe you’ll want to whip up for a special breakfast this weekend!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
recipe from The Curvy Carrot
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 12 muffin cups with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream, butter and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared muffin tins. Bake in the preheated oven until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 14 to 18 minutes.
Want more delicious muffins?
Banana Blueberry Muffins from Dine and Dish
Mixed Berry Muffins from Tidy Mom
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins from Cheese and Chocolate
Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins from Care’s Kitchen
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins with Toasted Almonds from Cookin’ Canuck