The warmer temperatures have finally come to us here in Utah. Last night, I loved that I could sit out on the porch with Easton, watching my husband and Abbi running and playing in the yard. We are a much happier household when we aren’t cooped up inside!!
There are several things that make me always think of summer – swimming pools, shaved ice, summer festivals – and lemonade!! While I like lemonade, it’s not something that I’ll usually choose first. But then I had a version of this lemonade, and I was sold. I couldn’t stop thinking about it after I tried it. This was seriously the best lemonade that I have ever tried!!
So do yourself a favor. Make this lemonade today, and enjoy some on your porch, or your balcony, or your deck. It’s the perfect way to celebrate summer!
The flavors of basil and mint make this lemonade something a little more special and unique.
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups basil and mint simple syrup (recipe follows)
Basil & Mint Simple Syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup loosely packed basil
- ½ cup loosely packed mint
To make the simple syrup:
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over low heat until the sugar is melted. Strain through a sieve and discard the herbs.
To make the lemonade:
- Combine all ingredients and stir. Serve cold.