Boneless chicken thighs are coated in a sweet asian-inspired sauce and served over sweet pineapple rice in this Sweet Asian Chicken with Pineapple Rice.
Ok, so I have seriously started writing this blog post at least 5 different times today, and gone back and deleted every single one of them. Sometimes I really like the “writing” part of blogging – it gives me an outlet to talk about random things, or share stories with all of you, or just go on and on about everything and nothing.
But sometimes – like today – it is the hardest thing in the world. Days like today, I just want to say – here is this recipe. It’s awesome, and you should make it. The end.
So today, there will be no story or segue anything special. Just a recipe. That I almost skipped over because the ingredient list sounded so strange and different, but I decided to go with it and am so glad that I did. (Yep – the secret ingredient in this recipe is frozen lemonade concentrate!!) There are only 8 ingredients for both the asian chicken and the rice, and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes (once your rice is cooked). That’s a kind of recipe that I can get behind.
If you are looking for an easy recipe – chicken with an Asian flair – that’s super easy and family friendly, I’m hooking you up today.
- 6 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- 1 cup diced canned pineapple
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons diced chives
- Combine the lemonade concentrate, soy sauce and brown sugar in a skillet and whisk to combine. Add the chicken and cover the pan. Turn the heat on to medium and cook for 8 minutes. Uncover the pan, turn the chicken, and continue to cook, basting the chicken as it cooks, until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through, about 7 more minutes.
- Combine the rice, pineapple, butter and chives in a large skillet. Heat over medium-high until warm, 3-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken over the pineapple rice.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!
Want more chicken thigh recipes?