Chopped chicken, sweet mango and lots of vegetables are combined with a coconut milk dressing in this light and healthy Mango Chicken Salad. Serve on tortillas as a wrap, on a sandwich, or just straight from the bowl!
I have been all over the board when it comes to dinner lately. One night, I’ll want something warm and comforting and dinner will be a big bowl of pasta. The next night, I’ll just want something easy and hit the grill. And then the next night, I might not even feel like eating, so I’ll scrounge something together for the kids to eat.
I blame it on the time of year. I know that fall is around the corner and back to school meals are being talked about left and right. But it’s still hot outside, and it’s still summer. There is this inner battle going on.
But for today, I’m sticking with summer.
(Don’t worry – I’ll probably crave some good ol’ comfort food tomorrow!)
This Mango Chicken Salad is the perfect answer to lazy summer nights. While the ingredient list might look long, it is really filled with all kinds of goodness. Lots of veggies, and a chicken that has been marinated in a wonderful coconut milk marinade. Coconut milk is also the base to the dressing that goes over the salad, making a delicious, light dressing.
This dressing has almond butter in it, which is a refreshing change. But if you aren’t an almond butter lover, or if you don’t want to buy it just for this recipe, you could always sub in peanut butter. I think it would be a delicious swap!
One of my favorite parts about this Mango Chicken Salad is all of the different textures. The jicama gives it a nice crunch, while the mango brings in some great sweetness. This recipe was easy to fall in love with.
We ate this Mango Chicken Salad wrapped up in tortillas, but I was almost tempted to add some extra cabbage and just eat it as a salad. Either way, this recipe is a winner!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1¼ cups unsweetened light coconut milk, divided
- 5 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 1 cup peeled and chopped jicama
- 1 cup peeled and chopped mango
- 1 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- ¾ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 6 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Place the chicken in a large ziptop bag. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce. Pour the marinade over the chicken, turn to coat, then refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Drain the chicken and cook on the grill until it is no longer pink, 12-15 minutes, turning once. Let cool slightly then chop.
- In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the remaining ¼ cup coconut milk, 3 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, almond butter and honey. Shake well to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, jicama, mango, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, cilantro and chopped chicken. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the almonds.
More Chicken Salad Recipes You’ll Want to Try:
**This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item from Amazon from the link Taste and Tell receives a small commission. Thank you for supporting Taste and Tell through your purchases!**