Welcome to Taste and Tell Thursdays! Come link up your posts below!
So last week. Yeah, sorry about that. If you came to link up and there was no link up, I apologize!! As much as I wanted to get up and post, I just was too sick. But I’m back this week and I hope you are here to link up, too!!
And my recipe for this week – well, it’s one of those recipes that you think to yourself – why didn’t I think of this a long time ago??? Rice, in the slow cooker? Why not!! It sure does save on time when it’s time to get dinner on the table. One less thing for me to think about is a good thing.
This recipe really doesn’t get much easier. Just dump and cook. Perfect for Mexican night – which seems to be happening a lot around here lately!!
- 1 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- Spray a 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix together all of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- slightly adapted from Betty Crocker More Slow Cooker Recipes
And now to the link up. First up, a few posts from last week that caught my eye!
M&M Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies from Inside BruCrew Life (#1 clicked recipe from 2 weeks ago!)
Chocolate Covered Peeps Hearts from Buns in My Oven
Simple Coconut Chicken Curry from Half Baked Harvest
Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup from Flavors by Four
The rules for the link up are simple:
1 – you can link up to any recipe
2 – link must be to a blog post – no etsy stores or advertisements
3 – please add a link in your post back to this post
4 – you can link up as many times as you want – go crazy!
Don’t forget to click over on some of the other links so that we can all enjoy each other’s creations!!