So last week. Yeah, sorry about that. If you came to link up and there was no link up, I apologize!! As much as I wanted to get up and post, I just was too sick. But I’m back this week and I hope you are here to link up, too!!
And my recipe for this week – well, it’s one of those recipes that you think to yourself – why didn’t I think of this a long time ago??? Rice, in the slow cooker? Why not!! It sure does save on time when it’s time to get dinner on the table. One less thing for me to think about is a good thing.
This recipe really doesn’t get much easier. Just dump and cook. Perfect for Mexican night – which seems to be happening a lot around here lately!!
Looking for more free recipes?
Spanish rice made easy, by cooking it in the slow cooker!
- 1 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- Spray a 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix together all of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- slightly adapted from Betty Crocker More Slow Cooker Recipes