I really apologize for the overload on the sweets this week. I usually try to only post 1, or maybe 2 sweet recipes a week, but this week I’m going on 3!! But this one is totally worth it.
Imagine: Peanut butter. Cream cheese. Chocolate chips. 5 minutes prep – 10 minutes if you are really slow. And the best part? NO BAKE. No stove top. Just a mere 10 seconds in the microwave. When I first saw this recipe, I thought to myself that even if these peanut butter cheesecake bars are just good – not great – it would be a recipe worth having on hand just because they are so darn easy. But guess what? These are better than good. I absolutely loved these!! Really loved them.
The original recipe called for “7 oz. condensed milk”. I was a bit confused by this – did they mean sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk? My common sense told me sweetened condensed, and I’m pretty sure I guessed right. And even if I guessed wrong, it was a good mistake. And I used chocolate animal crackers for the base, since we have a huge, never ending bag of them in my cabinet.
I’m betting that these aren’t going to last long in my freezer!
These easy, no bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars are a perfect sweet treat.
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon gelatin
- 8 ounces room-temperature cream cheese
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix together the cookie crumbs and the melted butter. Press into the bottom of an 8×8? baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the gelatin with 1 tablespoon of water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth. Microwave the gelatin for 10 seconds to melt, then beat into the cream cheese mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Gently spread the mixture over the crumb crust.
- Freeze for 20 minutes then cut into squares.
Useful Products For This Recipe:
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!