This Marshmallow Lemon Tart Recipe not only packs great lemon flavor, but it’s extremely easy as well!
I love lemon.
Seriously. Love. I can’t get enough of it. Savory or sweet. (Although I tend to be more drawn to the sweet – but I do have a bit of a sweet tooth!)
Last week, I was thinking about different ways I could change up a few lemon desserts. Out of the blue, I had this crazy idea – lemon curd plus marshmallow creme. Honestly, I had no idea how it would turn out, or if it would even turn out at all. All I could do is try, right?
I started with a simple graham cracker crust. Graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter, bake it up, and let it cool. Then stir together some lemon curd and marshmallow creme. When I first started stirring these together, I thought to myself – this is never going to work. But you have to really whisk them together. Get in there, and use some of that muscle. I whisked for a couple of minutes, and tada! It all smoothed out and mixed together!! Pour that into your graham cracker crust, refrigerate for a few hours, and that’s all! A seriously simple dessert.
I went an extra step and made my own lemon curd. Not only is it cheaper than the store-bought stuff, but I think it tastes a heck of a lot better. And I have discovered that the higher your elevation, the longer it will take you to make it. Lucky people at sea level, I’ve heard that you can make a lemon curd in about 10 minutes. For me, here in Utah, it takes a good 30-40 minutes. The trick to a perfect lemon curd, in my opinion, is the double boiler and constant whisking. I’ll admit that I don’t whisk it constantly at the beginning, when it’s not warm yet, but the second it starts warming up, I whisk. And whisk. And whisk. I know, all of this whisking, right? I figure it’s my workout to earn a big slice of this tart when I’m done!!
If you are a lemon lover, you will go crazy for this tart. Hey, even if you aren’t a lemon lover, I’m guessing you’ll go crazy over it, too!!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
Looking for more free recipes?
This marshmallow lemon tart recipe not only packs great lemon flavor, but it’s extremely easy as well!
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (9 whole graham crackers, or 1 sleeve)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups lemon curd
- 1 (7-oz) jar marshmallow creme
- Prepare the crust: Preheat the oven to 350F. In a bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into an 11-inch tart pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and cool completely.
- When the crust is cool, combine the lemon curd and the marshmallow creme in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. Pour into the cooled crust, and refrigerate until set up, at least a couple of hours. Serve with diced strawberries or with raspberries.