I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve had a Rachael Ray recipe and I’m glad that Saturdays with Rachael Ray are back. And I thought I’d bring one of her wonderful burger recipes, since they always turn out great!
I also was thinking that this would be a great recipe to have on hand for if you are planning your menu for a Super Bowl party. Nothing says football food better than burgers – especially mini ones!!
These burgers did not disappoint. The burgers themselves are juicy and full of flavor. And the pimiento cheese sauce – a great bonus!! They are messy, but totally worth licking your fingers for! This recipe comes from RR’s magazine, and it is not specified as a 30-minute meal. But I do have to say – I timed myself, just for fun, and these were done in under 30 minutes. And that was with a toddler pulling at my leg and distracting me more than once!
Looking for more free recipes?
Slider sized burgers are topped with melted pimiento cheese.
- 16 slices good quality white bread
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon paprika or sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- salt and pepper
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons well-drained chopped pimientos
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- several drops hot sauce
- 8 slices good-quality dill pickle chips or bread-and-butter pickles
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the bread into 3-inch rounds or trim into slider-size squares. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted and golden, 8-10 minutes.
- Combine the meat with the garlic, onion, paprika, beer, salt and pepper. Mix and form eight burgers (about 3 ounces each) and drizzle with oil. Heat a griddle pan or large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and milk and simmer to thicken for about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Melt in the cheese and stir in the pimientos, mustard and hot sauce.
- Divide the patties among eight toast slices and top with the cheese sauce and another slice of toast. Garnish with the pickles and secure with toothpicks.
- adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray December/January 2011
Check out these other pimiento cheese inspired recipes: