The perfect cookie for 2 – this XL Red Velvet Cookie Recipe is what you need when that craving hits for a cookie!
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg*
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until completely combined. Mix in the egg. Add the food coloring and vanilla and mix to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, pudding mix, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips. The mixture will be pretty sticky.
- Pour the dough onto the center of the baking sheet. Form into a ball the best you can.
- Bake the cookie until just set in the center, 12-15 minutes. Allow the cookie to cool at least 10 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
*to measure the egg, crack a egg into a small bowl or cup. Use a fork to lightly whisk the egg, then measure out the 2 tablespoons.
**I like my cookies to be slightly under baked in the center so I took mine out at 12 minutes. If you want to make sure it is cooked the entire way through, keep the cookie in the oven the full 15 minutes.
Adapted from Picky Palate