A curry and chutney chicken is the star in these Chicken Curry Bites.
- 12 wonton wrappers, cut into quarters
- vegetable oil to brush on wontons, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the wonton wrappers on a work surface and brush one side with the oil. Place in the bottoms of a miniature muffin tin, oiled side up. Bake until they are golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix together the chicken, yogurt, mango chutney, peanut butter, lime juice, curry paste and salt.
- Fill each wonton cup with the chicken mixture and garnish with green onions.
slightly adapted from Miscellany
Mango chutney can be found at most grocery stores, usually in the Asian section by the curry paste.
The wonton cups can be baked up to 3 days in advance and stored in an airtight container. The chicken mixture can be made 1 day in advance. Serve the cups once filled – they will only last a few hours.