A perfect salad for the holiday seasons, with apples, pears and dried cranberries. Don’t skip out on the homemade dressing – it makes the salad!
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons diced onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn to bite size pieces
- 4 oz Monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 pear, cored and diced
- In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard, and salt. Process until well blended. Add oil in a slow, steady stream until mixture is thick and smooth. Add poppy seeds and process a few seconds more to mix.
- In a bowl, combine lettuce, cheese, cashews, cranberries, apple and pear. Pour dressing over just before serving. Toss to coat.
- adapted from allrecipes.com