An easy recipe for a healthier breakfast choice, these Oatmeal Pancakes with Chocolate Chips are made with oats, whole wheat, and the perfect touch of sweetness from mini chocolate chips.
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In a food processor or blender, combine the oats, flour, baking powder and salt. Pulse until the oats are finely ground.
- Pour the oat mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the egg whites, milk and vegetable oil. Stir this mixture into the oat mixture.
- Stir just until combined. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Gently stir the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot griddle. Cook until the pancake starts to bubble and until it browns on the edges. Flip the pancake and cook on the second side.
- Continue to cook until all of the pancakes have been made.
For a thinner pancake, use only 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
For more sweetness, add up to 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 351
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 705 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 4 mg
Keywords: oatmeal pancakes, oatmeal pancake recipe