An easy 100% whole wheat bread, filled with a swirl of cinnamon and sugar. My favorite is to eat a warm slice with a smear of butter!
- 3 3/4 – 4 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 packet Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 2 cups of the flour, the yeast and the salt. Stir to combine. In a microwave safe bowl, or in a small saucepan over low heat, combine the water, milk, oil and honey. Heat (in 15 second increments if using the microwave) until dry warm but not hot to the touch (120ºF to 130ºF). Add the liquids to the flour mixture.
- Beat the mixture for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 1 cup of flour, beat on low for a few seconds to incorporate, then beat on high for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally. Add in just enough of the remaining flour so that the dough forms into a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic and when it springs back when lightly pressed with 2 fingers, about 6 to 8 minutes. Alternately, change to the dough hook and knead in your mixer. Cover the dough with a towel and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and the cinnamon. Set aside.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 12×7-inch rectangle. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the dough, pressing it into the dough lightly with your hands. Starting on the short end of the rectangle, roll the dough up tightly, then pinch the ends to seal. Place the dough, seam side down, in a greased 8 1/2×4 1/2 inch loaf pan. Cover the pan with a clean towel and set in a warm place to rise until doubled, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Bake the bread for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Run a knife around the edges, then invert onto a wire rack to cool.
TOTAL TIME DOES NOT INCLUDE RESTING OR RISING TIME.
adapted from breadworld.com