Strawberry cake mix cookies are studded with chocolate chips, filled with buttercream frosting, and rolled in green sugar. The perfect watermelon cookie sandwich for summer!
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- green colored sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In another bowl, beat the butter until smooth. Gradually add in the powdered sugar. Add the milk and the vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Turn half of the cookies upside down. Using an offset spatula or a piping bag, add frosting to the bottom of the cookies. Top with another cookie to make a sandwich. Roll the edges of the frosting in the colored sugar.