This is the best Waffle Recipe! It makes easy waffles that are light and fluffy. Serve with maple syrup or with your favorite fruit and jam.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, separated
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a small bowl (or I use a large liquid measuring cup) combine the milk, oil and egg yolks. Beat to break up the yolks and combine.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the center of the dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened – the batter will still be lumpy.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they have stiff peaks.
- Add about 1/3 of the stiff egg whites to the waffle batter and stir in in to combine and lighten the batter. Add the remaining egg whites and gently fold until no white streaks appear.
- Heat a waffle maker to high.
- Cook the waffles according to the directions on your waffle maker.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 374 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 74 mg
Keywords: waffle recipe, waffles, easy waffle recipe, how to make waffles