Grilled cheese breakfast style! A breakfast grilled cheese sandwich recipe has scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese on toast that is cooked in a waffle maker for a fun breakfast idea.
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon butter, plus more for buttering the bread
- 4 slices whole grain or whole wheat bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs together with the milk. Salt and pepper to taste. Melt the 1 teaspoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat and add the eggs. Scrambled to your desired doneness.
- Heat a waffle iron to high heat.
- Butter the outsides of the bread. Place one slice of bread, buttered side down, on the waffle iron. Add half of the eggs, 2 slices of bacon and a slice of cheese. Place another piece of bread on top, buttered side out. Repeat with the second sandwich. Close the waffle maker and cook until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
Inspired by The Incredible Edible Egg