Valentine’s Brownie Bark
This Valentine’s Brownie Bark is a chocolatey treat that you can’t put down. It’s super easy to make and chocolate lovers will be in heaven!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Yield: 48 pieces
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Karo® Syrup, dark or light
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour ((can substitute gluten free flour))
- 1 cup candy coated chocolate candies
- 1 cup chopped Fisher® Pecans
- pink vanilla candy melts
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line 2 baking large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the corn syrup, vanilla and salt and blend completely. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the melted chocolate, then fold in the flour.
- Pour half of the mixture onto each of the prepared baking pans. Use an offset spatula to spread the batter into a 15×10-inch rectangle.
- Reserve 1/3 of the candy coated chocolates. Sprinkle half of the remaining candies over each of the baking sheets. Sprinkle the chopped pecans.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, rotating the pans at least once during the bake time. After the bark has been in the oven for 10 minutes, sprinkle the remaining candies over the tops evenly. Continue to bake until the edges look browned and the brownies look dry. Be careful not to overbake. Remove from the oven.
- Transfer the bark to a cooling rack, using the parchment paper. Allow to rest for 20 minutes, until completely cooled.
- Place some of the candy melts in a disposable zip top bag. Heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals, squeezing the bag after each interval, until it is melted. Cut the corner of the bag off and drizzle the candy melt over the top of the bark.
- Once completely cooled, break into pieces with your hands.