Donut lovers – this is your dream come true! Get a taste of the Utah donut scene at the Utah Dough Show – 20 donut vendors, all under one roof. A great way to sample the donuts of Utah, and then vote for your favorite!
Utah Dough Show
It’s all about the donuts!!
I am a huge donut fan. Huge. I’m pretty sure I would be completely happy spending my days sampling all of the many donut shops around the country. Or even the world.
So imagine how sad I was when I first heard about the Utah Donut Fest in 2018, but I missed out on tickets. I was devastated. (Dramatic? I don’t think so!!)
I was determined to not miss it again, so I followed on social media and marked my calendar when the 2019 Utah Dough Show was announced. I was there on my computer, right as tickets went on sale, and my day was made when I had those tickets in my inbox. (The tickets sold out quite quickly, so I’m glad I made sure to buy them right away!)
This was my very first donut show, and I loved it. I have had donuts from several donut shops around the state, but this was a great way to try so many more that I hadn’t had the chance to try. I do have to say that I am pretty picky when it comes to donuts, so it didn’t really surprise me that there were several that I didn’t care for. And a few that I will be going back to again.
I learned that I may just have to drive that 2 hour round trip drive for a fritter.
And that sometimes, the basics are just what I need.
I may have walked away that day on a sugar high, and vowing to temporarily give up donuts because of a donut overload, (thankfully I was over that pretty fast), but I such a great time and can’t wait to do it again in 2020.
See my video of the Utah Dough Show here:
My Favorite Utah Donuts at the Utah Dough Show
Just for the record – here are my favorites. Things did start to get blurry there in the middle and I couldn’t remember where some of the donuts were from because I just had them all in together, but these are my standouts:
- Fresh Donut and Deli – They were only there for the VIP portion. But they will probably always remain at the top of my donut love list. They are seriously the best.
- Mirror Lake Station – These ginormous fritters showed me that you can have a killer donut at a gas station. Yep, these are located at a gas station. They were the donut that I voted for at the Dough Show, and I was happy to hear that they won the award for the judges’ choice.
- Donut Kabobs – these are very similar to my beloved Art City Donuts (which was not there) so you know I loved these. Hot and fresh mini donuts, topped with all kinds of creative toppings.
- Donut Boy – so, these are the donuts that won for the crowd favorite, and they are the one that I keep saying I need to go try again. I really liked my sample, but it was small and I feel like I need a bigger test. Just an excuse to get more donuts.
- Madbrook Donuts – they gave us a few giant donuts to take home, and we devoured that thing at home in 2.5 seconds flat. The kids loved it, I loved it, and I’m sure the hubby would have loved it if he would have had a chance to try it before we all took it down. 🙂
Want more donuts? Here are some other donuts from around the United States
Donut Crawl – St. George to San Diego
Northside Kitchen – Avon, Colorado
Firecakes Donuts – Chicago, Illinois
Sidecar Doughnuts – Costa Mesa, California
Blue Star Donuts – Portland, Oregon
Clark’s Island Donuts – Utah Food Truck
Donut Bar – San Diego, California
Gourdough’s Donuts – Austin, Texas
Art City Donuts – Utah Food Truck
Doughnut Plant – New York City, New York
Top Pot Doughnuts – Seattle, Washington