This Ground Turkey Chili is filled with ground turkey, lots of veggies and just the right amount of spice. It is a healthy and easy dinner idea!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28-oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15-oz each) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chili toppings, such as sour cream, avocados, etc, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add the turkey and cook, breaking it up as it cooks, until it is no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the tomato paste until fully incorporated.
- Add the chili powder and cumin and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 12 minutes.
- Serve topped with desired toppings.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide. Nutritional information does not include toppings.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 427
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 1596 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Fiber: 18 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cholesterol: 95 mg
Keywords: ground turkey chili, turkey chili