Filled with chocolate chips and dried cherries, these Triple Chocolate Cookies with Dried Cherries are a chocolate lover’s dream! Keep them slightly under-baked for a gooey, brownie-like center.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 oz) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 oz) dried cherries
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the chocolate in a nonreactive metal or a glass bowl that fits on top of a small saucepan (to make a double boiler). Cut the butter into pieces and add it to the bowl. Fill the saucepan with an inch or two of water and place it over medium heat. Place the bowl on top. (Make sure the bowl is not touching the water on the bottom.)
- Cook, stirring often, until the chocolate and butter are both melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the eggs and both sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer (or you can do this in a large bowl with a hand mixer.) Beat until the mixture is pale and has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chocolate mixture that has slightly cooled as well as the vanilla to the egg mixture. Beat until combined, then scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and cherries. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to incorporate the chips and cherries into the dough. The dough will be very loose – but don’t worry, that is how it is supposed to look.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cookies at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners.
- Using 2 spoons, scoop out balls of the dough about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough each. Place on the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the sheets, one at a time, for 10-12 minutes, or until set on the edges. (I like to leave these a little gooey in the centers, but you can bake them longer if you’d like.)
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before removing to cool completely.
Slightly adapted from Baked: New Frontiers in Baking
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 47 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
Keywords: Triple Chocolate Cookies