My favorite spaghetti sauce recipe of all time! Hearty and meaty and filled with tons of flavor, this is a spaghetti sauce for any meat sauce lover!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 (28-oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (24 to 26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons beef bullion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until softened. Remove from the pot.
- Add the ground beef and the sausage and cook, breaking it up as it cooks. Add the onion and carrot when the meat is almost cooked through and continue to cook until the meat is cooked and the onion and carrot are soft. Drain any fat, if needed.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the parsley.
- Add the diced tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, sugar, beef bullion powder, dried rosemary and dried basil. Stir to combine.
- Simmer for at least 20 minutes – but longer is better.
- Serve over pasta.
*This sauce gets better the longer it cooks. Just make sure to keep it on low to medium-low heat to simmer.
*This sauce also reheats well and freezes well!
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 830 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 65 mg
Keywords: spaghetti sauce, spaghetti sauce recipe, spaghetti with meat sauce, best spaghetti sauce