These roasted tomatoes are made from garden fresh tomatoes that are roasted with pesto and parmesan cheese for a delicious summer recipe.
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Set aside a baking sheet.
- Core the tomatoes and slice them across into slices 1/4 – 1/2-inch thick. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle on salt, pepper, and the oregano. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread each tomato with a spoonful of the pesto and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and cook until the Parmesan is melted and starts to brown, 7 to 10 more minutes.
- Serve warm sprinkled with a touch more salt.
adapted from Barefoot Contessa