Fresh tomatoes and zucchini shine in this easy Zucchini Salad with Tomatoes. It makes a perfect summer side dish.
- 4 small or 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 slices red onion, cut into 1–2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Fill a large bowl with water and ice.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the zucchini and boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain and transfer to the ice water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with the salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, tomatoes and red onion slices.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme, salt, hot pepper sauce and garlic. Shake to combine, then pour over the vegetables. Stir to coat.
- Serve right away, or chill until serving.
adapted from Taste of Home Annual Recipes 2008
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 481 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: zucchini salad